Dear Journey Family,
Thank you for believing in and giving to the vision at Journey. Your generosity made possible an incredible year at Journey Fellowship Church. You are part of every life changed. Here's a brief list of some of the ministry highlights from 2012 that you played an important part in. Take a look:
- 81 people were water baptized and decided to become followers of Jesus
- 100 Small Groups were lead with hundreds of people growing in their faith.
- Compassion Outreach helped hundreds of hurting people in our area. Through our partnership with the New Orleans Mission we fed over 100,000 meals. We helped rescue over 100 people from life controlling addictions. Many people have entered into discipleship, took responsibility for work assignments and began work on their GED.
- We expanded our Slidell Campus to a 13,000 Square Foot building on Pontchartrain Drive. The new campus will have Grand Opening Sunday, January 13, 2013.
- We welcomed our first 10 students at Journey Leadership College. JLC exist to train leaders for ministry for the next generation.
- We sent our first full time and fully appointed missionaries to the nations. Luis and Lourdes Padilla are planting churches in Argentina.
- "Doing Life Together" our daily radio show serves 18,000 listeners every weekday on Lifesongs 89.1 FM.
- We helped plant over 350 new churches in 2012 through our partnership with the Assemblies of God.
- 370 leaders served on our XTeam this year. The XTeam is the leadership group at Journey. Everyone in ministry at Journey serves on this team.
- We welcomed 1,216 first time guest at our Weekend Experiences.
That's an amazing list, and those were just a few of the highlights. You may never know how many lives were changed, how many marriages saved and how many children and teenagers encouraged to follow Jesus through your church.
As your pastor, I want to personally say THANK YOU! You are a vital part of this ministry and we couldn't do it without you. Our pastors, staff and XTeam have big plans to believe, pray, serve and give in 2013.
Rachel and I consider being the pastors of this church an honor and privilege. We have devoted our lives to help people become fully devoted followers of Jesus. Not only do we work and worship here, this is where we raise our children, live our lives and build our relationships. We love this church and we love you!
Doing life together,